Notes from a Remodeling & General Contractor for the Wichita, KS Area
There are many different types of siding options to choose from for a house and there are plenty of visual guides, reviews/reports and buyer’s guides to choose from on the Internet. But what about siding specifically for homes in Kansas?
At S&A Construction based in Wichita Kansas, the three most popular siding options are vinyl, fiber cement, and LP SmartSide. Each one has its own characterizes and cost factors such as:
- Often the most affordable type of siding.
- Reduced maintenance the most appealing feature with no painting.
- Doesn’t rot and is insect resistant.
- Comes in variety of colors with some profiles looking like real wood.
- Optional insulation backed vinyl siding can help improve a home’s energy efficiency.
- A step up in cost from vinyl.
- Low maintenance like vinyl.
- Better imitates the appearance of wooden siding, clapboard and shingles.
- More durable, fire resistant, and eco-friendly than vinyl.
- Typically the most expensive of the three but best in overall quality.
- Less likely to break or crack than fiber cement.
- Works and cuts just like traditional wood, taking nails and screws with ease.
- Factory pre-primed and can take paint.
- Delivers a beautiful, authentic real wood look.
- Also resistant to termite damage and fungal decay.
Don’t forget about the trim options such as corners, soffits, window trim, fascia, and garage door openings. Look at which moisture barriers or housewraps will work best with each type of siding and the Kansas home in question, as they can add additional protection and energy savings.
Most siding companies specialize in one or two types or brands, but at S&A Construction we offer name brands LP Building Products, James Hardie, Certainteed, Mastic, Exterior Portfolio by Crane, and Royal Building Products as well as other brands.
Choosing which siding is right for a Kansas home can depend on trim option/needs, personal tastes, and budget level. It will help to pick a local Kansas based company that has years of experience in the area and an A+ Rating with the Better Business Bureau.
A quality Kansas based siding company, like S&A Construction, will help the home owner determine which siding and options will work best with the home and offer free estimates.