Notes from a Remodeling & General Contractor for the Wichita, KS Area
As a home owner, you might have been told or have determined you need a new roof. But not everyone knows what an apron flashing is or the difference between Class IV shingle and Class IV ridge.
Before you go venture out to find roofing contractor, it can help to brush on the latest trends and terminology in the roofing industry. It won’t replace having a reputable and trustworthy roofer to talk to, but it can make communicating a bit less stressful and it easier to choose a roofer to work with.
Below are a list of resources regarding residential roofing, with a mix of sites, apps and videos. We’ve tried to include a brief explanation about each so you have an idea before clicking on them what to expect.
Glossary of Roofing
Web & iPad Apps
These apps from GAF can help homeowners visualize roofing designs on their home.
- Buying a new roof and getting your money’s worth
- How to Choose a Roofer (long version)
- How to Choose a Roofer (short version)
- Consumer Reports’ Recommended Roofing Guide
- General information (free) Manufacturer Ratings (requires a subscription)
- Short & Simple article on Various Kinds of Roofs & Costs (good introduction)
- Buying a New Roof (10 part video series) While the presenter’s expertise is mainly metal roofing, there is a lot of good general and it is quite extensive.
- Hail Damage, Wind Damage, and Storm Repair Services
Need More Information? Consider Contacting a Trusted Local Roofer.
We hope the above helped you become more informed about residential roofing. If you are in the Wichita, KS area and in need of a new roof or just more information, please consider S&A Construction of Wichita KS. Give us a call or e-mail any time.
And as always, let us know if you have any questions, other ideas, or comments!